The easiest way to delete your Gmail account
Easy, simple, straight-forward steps.
Gmail is currently the most used email provider in the world, but that doesn’t mean it fit’s everybody’s needs and preferences. If you are one who doesn’t like Google’s email service, then have you considered switching to another provider?
Google was in the headlines recently with secretly tracking their Android users, regardless of GPS not being enabled. Maybe you want to change to a provider that doesn’t have so many guidelines and limitations? For whatever reasons for your removal, it is pretty simple. The best part is that you can delete all of your Gmail data without interrupting your YouTube, Play Music, or other Google services.
Here’s how to easily delete your Gmail account:
- Log into your Google Account.
- On the left-hand panel, click Account Preferences.
- Scroll down to Delete your account or services.
- Click on Delete products.
- Select the trash can icon next to Gmail.
- When asked, enter your current Gmail password.
- Wait for the confirmation email in your current inbox.
- Click on Delete Gmail link in your email inbox.
- Select Yes, I want to delete…
- Select Delete Gmail.
- Click Done.
Make sure any emails you want to save were transferred to your new primary email before you delete your Gmail account. Be sure to also update all of your other Google services with the new email you are going to be using. Set everything up before you get started on the steps, so you don’t lose anything.