To kick off Gamescom, Nintendo released and announced some new indie games for the Switch
The Switch is the perfect place to play indie games.
The Nintendo Switch might not be the most powerful console on the market, but what it lacks in power it makes up with its accessibility and portability. Being able to take the console damn near anywhere gives it opportunities no other console has, and what gamers (and developers) are finding is that the Switch is the perfect console for indie games.
Now, with Gamescom underway, Nintendo is not only hinting at what is to come from the indie realm but also released three new indie titles to the eShop today.
- Morphies Law: This shooter allows for 4v4 online play or up to eight players locally. The twist? Your characters change size depending on the damage you take and receive. You can check out the trailer to see more of the morphing.
- Prison Architect: Nintendo Switch Edition: Originally released back in 2015 on Steam, this version includes both expansions as you build and manage a prison system. The graphics are basic, but you’ll find that there are plenty of things to do in the game.
- Bad North: From the game’s trailer, it looks to be heavy on the style, even though it is described as a “rogue-lite real-time strategy game.” With Bad North, you’ll be defending your different islands from Viking attacks.
In addition to the three mentioned above, the video from Nintendo shows a bunch of other games coming to the Switch. Personally, I’m excited for This War of Mine and Stick Fight: The Game, both of which have had previous Steam releases. You can watch the full 22 minute reveal at the top of this post.
What indie games are you most excited for on Switch? Do you even like indie games? Let us know below
For more gaming news and reviews, make sure to check out:
- Sony just unveiled four new Dualshock 4 colorways and I want them all
- With Forsaken, Bungie is making some big changes to competitive mode in Destiny 2
- Pixel Game Maker MV is going to be the easiest way to make retro games