Razer unveiled its new gaming smartphone and it looks insane
Razer is now in the smartphone business.
Gaming tech giant, Razer, has announced that they are officially entering the smartphone race. Yesterday, the company announced at an event in London that their new Razer Phone, the first ever gaming smartphone, supposedly.
As you could have guessed, the company behind high-powered gaming laptops is putting their technology into a smartphone, and the tech specs are beyond insane. On paper, this thing blows Apple’s iPhone X, Google’s Pixel 2, and Samsung’s Galaxy flagship phones out the water. It also beats all of their price points, as the Razer Phone is being released at around the $700 price range.
Here are the specs:
- A 5.7-inch Quad HD (1400p) display and 120hz refresh rate.
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 processor
- 8GB of RAM
- 64GB of built-in storage, SD card supported
- Dual front-facing speakers that are Dolby certified high-end audio equipped
- 4,000mAh battery
- USB-C with fast-charge
- A dual-lens rear camera system, each camera at 12 megapixels
- 8 megapixel front camera
- A fingerprint sensor on the power button
With this phone’s $700 price, not many phones can compete. Samsung’s Galaxy S8 starts at $950, Apple’s iPhone X is $1,000, and even the iPhone 8 is $700, and none of these can stand up to the Razer Phone’s specs. You can pre-order the Razer Phone here, and will be available worldwide on November 17.