Samsung is opening its own version of the Apple Store in three locations across the country
The Samsung Experience Stores are coming to a town near you (well, they are if you live in NY, LA or Houston).
While Samsung is the undisputed king of the mobile world worldwide, the picture here in the U.S. is vastly different. The iPhone outsells Samsung’s Galaxy range at a rate of two to one, likely infuriating Samsung’s leadership, who love to be first in everything.
One reason for Apple’s dominance in the U.S. market is its retail stores, where fans, customers, and the curious can go and physically touch the devices, ask questions, and get tech support if they need it. Most other mobile devices are sold through retail locations like carriers or big-box stores like Best Buy, where they’re often overshadowed by the number of brands to choose from.
Samsung has decided to emulate this one-stop-shop retail experience, with three new experiential stores in large metro areas. On February 20th (yes, the same day the often-leaked S10 arrives), the Samsung Experience stores will open their doors for the first time.
What will you find in these Samsung stores?
With Samsung having a much broader product portfolio than Apple, it’ll be interesting to see how the stores are laid out. With everything from mobile phones to microwaves, will it look like a mini-big box store, or will it be pared down to fit the minimal aesthetic that wins the hearts of many Apple fans?
Just like Apple’s stores, the Samsung Experience stores will offer customer support, in-person demos, new gadgets to play with, like Samsung’s 4D VR and 8K TVs.
We want to build a ‘playground’ for Samsung fans—a place to learn about and try out all of the amazing new products we have to offer.
Samsungites in LA, Houston, and NY will be the first to experience this new retail chain, with Samsung also promising to tour with pop-up stores starting in March.
My only question is: Why did it take Samsung a decade to open these stores?
If you’re in one of those three cities, you’ll be able to find the Samsung Experience stores after February 20th at:
- The Americana at Brand– 889 Americana Way, Glendale, CA 91210
- Roosevelt Field on Long Island– 630 Old Country Rd, Garden City, NY 11530
- The Galleria in Houston– 5085 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77056
What do you think? Plan on visiting one of these stores? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Ring’s Neighborhoods Portal gives police access to loads of recorded footage
- App pirates are gaming Apple’s Developer program to distribute hacked versions of apps
- Kiwi for Gmail is a thing that exists that may assuage your email woes
- Twitter is testing a new cam feature that pretty much looks like everyone else’s
- For some reason, MacBook Pros with Touch Bars can still skip unskippable YouTube ads