Here’s a better look at the Galaxy Fold in an eerily quiet 4-min video
Who thought this was a good idea?
Samsung’s Unpacked event last week brought us the unveiling of the Galaxy Fold, the company’s first folding smartphone. While the event showed off the new device and offered viewers some details about the phone– we didn’t really get a good look at it, other than some press release photos and an obligatory promo video.
Here’s what we do know about it: It folds.
Samsung isn’t letting anyone put their grubby hands on an actual device, unless, you know, you work for Samsung. So instead, the company released a four-minute hands-on video on Sunday giving folks a closer look at the elusive device.
But there’s one obvious thing missing from the video: Sound.
Seriously, Samsung, a company with a market cap of $927 billion, pushed out a promo video that feels like a failed ASMR video for a phone it plans on selling for $1,980.
Watch Samsung’s 4-minute Galaxy Fold video here:
- Huawei’s Mate X foldable phone runs $2,600 and looks better than the Samsung Fold
- Thankfully, you can now map the Samsung Bixby button to do things that are actually helpful
- Samsung’s $130 Galaxy Buds are the AirPods competitor we’ve been waiting for
- Samsung’s foldable phone, the Galaxy Fold, doesn’t come with a headphone jack
- Samsung’s new Galaxy S10 will let you charge other devices by setting them on the phone