Samsung’s Galaxy Fold, doesn’t come with a headphone jack
RIP to convenience.
Well, they finally went and did it. That’s right, Samsung, the company that’s notoriously known for mocking Apple for ditching the headphone jack just did the same thing with the new Galaxy Fold.
On Wednesday, Samsung finally lifted the veil on its extremely elusive folding phone. The phone features six cameras, two batteries, and get this – it’s going to cost $1,980.
As our own Josiah Motley notes, that’s basically the price of a high-end phone and tablet put together.
I mean, Christ, for that price, you would think at the very least Samsung would include a headphone jack with the phone. Well, apparently not.
This has been the trend for a while now
Hella lame, I know, but that’s just how it is now.
What’s funny about all this is that Samsung went out of their way to mock Apple for ditching the headphone jack on the iPhone. Like, they literally spent money on advertising campaigns throwing shade at Apple.
Either way, not having a headphone jack isn’t the end of the world. I’ve been living without one for a couple of years now and I rarely think about.
Sure, it’s made me go out and buy countless Bluetooth headphones and a set of AirPods, but again, it’s not like I’m losing sleep over it.
At the end of the day, it’s a headphone jack, folks. Everything will be ok, I promise.
- Samsung’s new Galaxy S10 will let you charge other devices by setting them on the phone
- Samsung is launching four different versions of the Galaxy S10 – Here’s a quick rundown
- Samsung apparently leaked its entire wearable line through its app
- Samsung is opening its own version of the Apple Store in three locations across the country
- You can now reserve a Samsung Galaxy S10 before its release