Season 4 of Fortnite is now live
The world will never be the same.
Get hyped folks, season 4 of Fortnite is here. Whether your game is Save the World or Battle Royale, both game modes got some much-needed updates. However, the big-ticket update comes to Battle Royal.
Towards the end of season 3, users saw a slew of meteorites crashing through the world’s atmosphere, ending with a huge comet that crash lands at the center of the game’s map. Havoc ensues.
A comet crashes into and destroys Dusty Depot — now called Dusty Divot as a result — instead of the expected Tilted Towers. (There’s now a bunch of makeshift construction surrounding the remnants of the comet in the center of the crater; while that all is destructible, the comet itself is sadly unbreakable.) Battle Royale’s gigantic island also suffers other impacts: Craters now appear in a variety of locations; this was one big meteor.
Players will discover a new location on the map called Risky Reels. It can be found in the Northeastern part of the map where the drive-in movie theatre you see in the trailer is located. As Polygon points out, it’s great for players who are looking to explore a new area. However, this was a favored landing spot amongst players.
— Patricia Hernandez (@xpatriciah) May 1, 2018
This brings us to highly-hyped superhero rumors that have been circling around. It turns out, the rumors were real, but we won’t see any of that in the Battle Royale Mode. This is an exclusive quest for Fortnite’s Save the World called “Blockbuster! Part 1.” It’s comprised of five quests where players investigate the crashed comet while recruiting a team of superheroes.
Additional patch notes and other game fixes can be found on the Epic Games’ website. However, here are some of our favorite highlights if you don’t want to exhaust your finger with a click (there’s a lot in this update so we suggest you do):
- Structures on the starting island can now be destroyed. Not the Battle Bus, though.
- Headshots are now prioritized when other body parts are in the way.
- Damage numbers are now visible when spectating a player.
- Knocking a player off the island will award elimination credit like normal fall damage.
- You can now mark cosmetic items as favorites in the Locker.
- ‘Random’ option added to each cosmetic equipment slot in the Locker.
- You are no longer limited to just the 6 slots on your emote wheel.
- The Crossbow has been vaulted.
Season 4 of Fortnite is available now.