Social media domination: How to create effective Facebook ads
Want to know how to create effective Facebook ads, for marketing campaigns with better results? Find out how in this article.
Before you start creating effective Facebook ads, you will need to have a strategy set in place. Without this, you will be overwhelmed by the options available and you will create an ad campaign that does not target anyone useful because you are making an ad for no one specific.
For each campaign that you can create, you have to ask yourself:
- Do I want site awareness, leads, sales, site traffic or something else?
- What is your campaign goals?
- What stage of the marketing funnel is your audience in?
- Who is my target audience?
- Will they be a warm audience or a cold audience?
If you do not have a strategy of what goal you want to accomplish, chances are your ad campaign will not be as effective.
Find Your Objective
The first thing you will have to do when creating effective Facebook ads is to find an objective. It is important to select the right one because Facebook will optimize ads based on your objective. In some cases, the right objectives will improve your results and reduce your CPC (cost per click). You can choose some of the following objectives:
- Brand awareness
- Brand Engagement
- Store Visits
- App Installs
You want to get an objective that cohesively aligns with your goals. For instance, if you are running a video ad campaign with the goal of increasing sales, you can press “conversions” instead of using the “video views” choice. Sure you want more video views, but not at your expenses of added conversions.
That being said, using split testing objectives is not that difficult. You can run a video ad campaign, and it will cost less for the same results than using a raw video ad.
Target Your Audience
Now you should have a strong idea of who you will want to target – now is your chance to flesh them out. You can use:
- Location targeting
- Custom audiences, which targets users from your email list, or users who take certain actions on your Instagram profile, Facebook, or on your website.
- Connection targeting, which determines if you want your ads to be shown to users that are or not connected to your brand.
- Demographic targeting
- Behaviour/interset targeting
Choose Where You Want Your Ads to Get Displayed
Next, you want to set an ad level. You will want to choose what apps, placements, and devices you want it to be shown on. You can choose the desktop, mobile, or both devices. You can also have multiple options on Instagram, Facebook, and your audience network.
Make sure that you have a budget when creating effective Facebook ads. On average, you should have at least $20-$100 to get started. Increase or decrease the budget based on your audience, and you can decide whether to spread the budget over time and if you want to make a cap on your bids.
To conclude, creating effective Facebook ads requires planning, strategy, and effective audience targeting. By doing so, you will have a good campaign that will reach your audience and complete your goals without any gaps in your plan.
- Facebook adds more gun advertising restrictions on site
- Facebook advertisers must soon provide more information for user consent
- Facebook admits to tracking our mouse movement for the sake of “personalized content”
- The girl from the Crash Fever Facebook ads is freaking me the hell out
- Facebook adds a GoFundMe clone, because why not