There’s now a Steam Chat app for the twelve of you that talk through Steam
This is kind of cool, I think?
If you use Steam’s chat function to coordinate your gaming plans and talk with your friends, you’ll be happy to know that Valve has rolled out a dedicated Steam Chat app for Android and iOS.
The free app is now available and Valve wants you to chime in on what you like, and don’t like, about the platform. When signing in for the first time, you’ll need to confirm your Steam account, but other than that, it should be a straight forward experience.
Features of Steam Chat include:
- Friends List – See who’s in-game or online at a glance. Never miss an opportunity to play.
- Rich Chat – Your chats get even better with higher fidelity links, videos, tweets, GIFs, Giphy, Steam emoticons, and more.
- Invite Links – Add new friends on Steam with a link. Generate an invite link you can text or email.
- Customizable Notifications – Mobile notifications mean you’ll never miss a message or game invite. You can customize your notifications per friend, group chat, and chat channel.
- Group Chats – Get everyone on the same page. Groups make it easier to do things like stay in touch with your communities and organize game night with your best friends.
WIth Steam Chat taking the helm on chat functions for the platform, we should also expect to see an update to the main Steam app in the near future. For more information regarding Steam’s new chat app, feel free to read more via Steam’s blog post here.
What do you think? Interested in using the new dedicated Steam Chat app? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Sony’s next-gen PlayStation has ridiculously fast load times
- Review: Shards of Infinity – a divinely good deck builder, now on tablets
- Sony will make its own PlayStation movies and shows because other people suck at it
- Game publishers are paying streamers buttloads of cash (up to 50k/hour) to stream new games
- Minecraft Earth sounds like it’s going to be an AR game changer