The Apple Store now sells a diabetes monitor that works work with the iPhone
You can now get the One Drop glucose meter from the Apple Store.
One Drop, the industrial-design glucose meter, is now going to be sold in select Apple Stores. The shiny aluminum of the glucose meter is a stark contrast to the sandblasted finish that Apple prefers, but well… it is still aluminum.
The inclusion of the One Drop into physical retail locations is another example of Apple’s push into the health sector. From sleep tracking to hearing protection, to ECGs – the company is positioning itself as a one-stop shop for monitoring your health.
Some Apple Stores now sell the One Drop glucose meter
The One Drop glucose meter is one of the only health care products that fit Apple’s design language, as it went through a similar industrial design process. No ugly-but-functional plastics here, the glucose meter and fingerprick tool are both housed in stylish aluminum. Users can collect all their readings in the companion mobile app, which also integrates with Apple’s Health app.
- One Drop is the only diabetes product Apple currently sells in its physical stores
- The kit is $69.95 and comes with a year of free coaching from a certified diabetes educator
- One Drop’s glucose meter integrates with Apple’s Health app and a separate app for the Apple Watch
- Jony Ive, a guy you probably never heard about, is leaving Apple
- Apple might be buying troubled startup Drive.ai
- Here’s everything you should know about Apple’s iOS 13
- Apple finally released a new Mac Pro – Here’s everything you need to know