Twitter finally adds GIF response functionality to quote tweets
*insert witty GIF here*
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wanted to retweet something with a reply and that reply be nothing more than a GIF because I’m definitely not creative enough to come up with a witty text reply. I’m sure I’m not the only one, either. Now, that will be an option.
It looks like the Twitter
gods engineers have heard our cries and starting today, you can finally quote reply to a tweet with a GIF. Oh, happy days, indeed.
The feature was first being tested back in February of this year, and now, it is rolling out to users everywhere. Currently, I have the functionality on the web, but my iOS app still lacks the new functionality, but I imagine an update to the app is not far behind.
News: Twitter is going to let you add images/GIFs to quote tweets. Starting today. Have fun everyone. pic.twitter.com/xWJl8eLTSV
— Alex Kantrowitz (@Kantrowitz) May 6, 2019
Using the feature is as easy as can be. Simply retweet a post with the “retweet with comment” option and then you’ll click the GIF button under the text field. From there, find the most fire GIF you can and submit it. That’s it. You’re a Twitter power user now.
- Best of Nextdoor is your next must-follow Twitter account
- Your private posts aren’t private to those training Facebook’s AI
- What the fresh hell is Apple thinking with this Warren Buffett Paperboy clone app
- Instagram is toying with hiding the number of likes on posts
- Facebook is going forward with merging all of its messaging apps