A new Google Pixel 4 leak shows some big ole bezels
Another day, another phone leak…
The summer is usually the period between phone release windows, which can only mean one thing – more leaks of upcoming handsets. Today’s leaks are courtesy of serial leakers Ice Universe and Onleaks, and show some pretty big bezels coming on the Google Pixel 4 range.
You’ve got to wonder at this point, what’s the point in having secrecy around major phone releases when almost everything is known beforehand?
The Pixel 4 is going to have some pretty big bezels
Run DMC might not have been singing about big bezels but that’s exactly what’s coming on the Pixel 4 and 4 XL. Google seems to have not bothered with things like under-screen cameras, pop-up selfie cams or other trickery to hide the necessary front-facing cameras. Instead, there’s going to be a whopping bezel on the top, which looks to be hiding multiple sensors.
That’s according to some screen protectors that Ice Universe got his hands on, and there’s a bunch of info we can gather here:
- The Pixel 4 will have curved edges, similar to the Samsung Galaxy range
- There are cut-outs for probably two front-facing camera modules, a speaker, a light-sensor and two other sensors that I can’t identify
- Maybe the long-awaited Project Soli will make an appearance, which uses radar to provide gesture controls
- This will also be the first time Google has used more than one camera module on the back camera bump
Maybe it’s a good thing that Google decided to one-up the leak machine and leak its own phones back in June. It’s not like there still wouldn’t be a long list of leaks between then and the eventual release later this year.
- DoorDash is straight-up ripping off its drivers’ tips
- The Orlando Police is ditching Amazon’s facial recognition tech because it kept fucking up
- Turns out, social media and not video games is why teens are depressed
- Facebook and Google know exactly what porn you watch – even if you use incognito mode