Worried about the OnePlus 7 Pro’s pop-up camera? Watch it lift a literal block of cement
That’s 50 pounds, yo.
When OnePlus announced and released its OnePlus 7 Pro smartphone, it revealed a solid smartphone that threw caution to the wind and moved the selfie camera inside of the phone, with a pop-up design that allowed for front-facing pictures.
It is a pretty interesting design choice and the lack of notch is nice for screen space, but one question that burned with many was just how stable and strong was this camera? Would it break if you touched it or can it take some punches?
Well, OnePlus released a video showcasing just what it could withstand
Yup, that’s right, that little camera module was able to lift a 50lb cement block. Nutty.
Now, it should be noted that this test being showcased is under very specific conditions and just because they did it doesn’t mean you should try it too. It also doesn’t mean you should go around trying to snap it off. Just know that it’s not flimsy.
The OnePlus 7 Pro has been impressing reviewers today, with Tom’s Guide even naming it one of their best smartphones of 2019.
- Samsung is moving forward with a Galaxy Fold release date really soon
- Google decides it’s time for it to join the foldable phone race
- 5 tips to extend the lifespan of your Android phone battery
- Huawei’s Mate X foldable phone runs $2,600 and looks better than the Samsung Fold
- New case leaks could confirm that the next iPhone will have a huge camera bump