Amazon Echo Look will judge your style and is now available to everyone
You look great. Don’t let the machine tell you otherwise.
The Amazon Echo Look is no longer exclusive to the fashion set. Anyone with $200 can now buy the device, which was first released by invitation only in April 2017.
With a built-in camera, the Amazon Echo Look uses artificial intelligence to help with outfit recommendations, take photos, and record videos. In doing so, you can take full-length photos and 360-degree videos for fashion advice. You can also use the product to catalog outfits and rate your look.
There are also features like “Daily Look” which basically compiles quick photos of what you’re wearing every day, allowing you to go back through and see what looks and clothing items you liked. Style Check is also an important feature of the Echo Look and uses AI to tell you which outfits look best when it is presented with two different options.
Full features include:
- Echo Look—an Echo focused on style. Now Alexa helps you look your best.
- Using just your voice, easily take full-length photos and 6-second videos of your daily look and build your own personal lookbook
- The Echo Look hands-free camera features built-in LED lighting, depth-sensing, and computer vision-based background blur to make your outfits pop
- See yourself from every angle in the Echo Look app. View photos and videos of your outfits, select your favorites, organize your looks into Collections, and share with friends. Discover new brands and styles and see what colors you wear most often.
- Get a second opinion on which outfit looks best with Style Check, a new service that combines machine learning algorithms with advice from fashion specialists
- Multiple users can share one Echo Look device by setting up unique profiles in the Alexa app
- Echo connects to Alexa—a cloud-based voice service—to ask questions, set alarms and timers, check your calendar, weather, traffic, manage to-do and shopping lists, control smart home devices, play music, and more—instantly
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Starbucks, Fitbit, NPR, and more
Priced at $199.99, you can purchase the Echo Look via Amazon.com.
What do you think of the Echo Look? Is it something you’d ever use? Let us know in the comments.
For more Amazon news, see: Alexa will now be able to call on the perfect Amazon Skills for anything, Uber wants to become “Amazon for transportation,” preps for a 2019 IPO, and How to play and sync music on multiple Amazon Echos.