The cheaper Nintendo Switch could arrive in June of this year
We gotta hear something official from Nintendo soon, right?
According to the report, Nintendo is working on a cheaper version of the Switch that will release sometime in June, according to two sources familiar with the matter. No other information was offered on what this cheaper console would do to cut costs, but many assume it will have a bigger focus on portability. Considering how well the Nintendo 3DS has done, this seems like a smart move from the company.
Early reports had stated that Nintendo was also working on an upgraded version of the Nintendo Switch, meaning the company would be selling three different models in total, but it seems like this may not be the case. Instead, the report states that the current Switch will receive “a modest upgrade” this year, but that a more powerful console is not in the works.
With the Nintendo Switch having a strong game library coming this year with titles like Animal Crossing and Pokémon Sword and Shield, the addition of a cheaper console and revamped Nintendo Switch could be a great combination for Nintendo in 2019.
- Final Fantasy Brave Exvius goes to war with community content creators over the Easter event
- Review roundup: Mortal Kombat 11 – A worthy addition to the series
- Mortal Kombat 11 is just hitting shelves and there’s already a new leaked character list
- GB Studio lets you build your own Game Boy games
- The Sega Genesis Mini is available for pre-orders and 10 more games have been announced