You can now share your location with friends in Facebook Messenger
Facebook has a new way for you to stalk your friends and family members. It’s called Live Location and it’s being rolled out globally today.
Facebook Messenger just recently introduced live location sharing to its messaging service today.
“People tell us that live location is super helpful when trying to coordinate with friends, telling people how close you are when you’re on your way to an appointment or even sharing where you are with your roommate when you’re on your way home at night,” the company wrote in a blog post.
So, instead of having to call and harass your friends or family members every 2-minutes or so, all you’ll need to do is whip out your smartphone and launch Facebook Messenger. From there, you can spot them on a map. Pretty simple stuff.
Here’s Facebook outlining how to use the new Live Location feature:
- To share your Live Location in a message on iOS, tap the Location icon or tap the More icon and then select Location.
- With today’s update, you’ll see a map of your current location and the option to tap a blue bar to share your Live Location.
- If you choose to share your Live Location, the person or people you share it with will be able to see where you are on a map for the next 60 minutes.
- You’ll be able to see an estimate of how long it would take to get to others’ locations by car. (The ETA is seen by the person with whom the location is shared.)
- You can stop sharing your Live Location at any time; just tap Stop Sharing.
- A small clock in the lower right hand corner of the map will also let you know how much longer you’re sharing your location for.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.