Death Stranding’s new eight-minute trailer is awesome, but strange (as usual)
I don’t know what’s going on, but I need it.
Death Stranding has a new eight-minute trailer and it’s something strange, but engrossing.
Hideo Kojima is an auteur in the gaming world. Which is a way of saying he’s a strange, strange dude. But, Kojima is a strange, strange dude that makes very, very good games. And on November 8, Kojima will unleash Death Stranding, the much-hyped PS4 exclusive starring Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, and Guillermo del Toro.
Death Stranding? More like Head Scratching.
What Death Stranding is about, and what the gameplay is going to be, has left people with more questions than answers. Today, the launch trailer for Death Stranding was released…and…well, here is what is in it:
- Mads Mikkelson dressed as Rick Deckard from Blade Runner in a hospital
- A Norman Reedus suiting up/wasteland footage montage
- Vague discussions about life and divisions between people
- The cast of characters, each either looking into or away from the camera shedding a single melodramatic tear
- A pretentious slow pop song played throughout
- The phrase “America was a lie. America was full of it.”
Do you have more questions? I do too.
- Mario Kart Tour knocked it out of the park on first-month downloads
- Microsoft is releasing an extremely limited Xbox One controller to celebrate itself
- WWE’s 2K20 launch is a complete disaster – Look what fans have to say about it
- Here are your free PlayStation Plus games for November 2019