The SpaceX Starship looks like an old school, sci-fi rocket and I absolutely love it
Man, this is cool.
While Tesla’s are busy getting Summon+ mode, SpaceX is out here making some of the most beautiful rockets ever conceived.
Tweeted out by Elon Musk on Thursday, this is the first version of the SpaceX Starship that will eventually take people on space trips.
Check it out
More about the SpaceX Starship
The SpaceX Starship pictured here will be used for what is being called “hopper” testing. Musk notes that this will be used for suborbital VTOL (vertical take-off and landing) testing. The actual space version will have more protection and a “smoothly curved nose section,” according to Musk.
Also, please note the actual size of this unit. At the bottom of the picture please note the lonely mannequin standing awkwardly near one of the thrusters.
Another interesting comment made within the replies of the tweet was that Musk stated that a prototype of the actual orbital Starship should be available around June. The finished version will be how billionaire Yusaku Maezawa will get to space as the first space tourist delivered by SpaceX.
What do you think of the rocket? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- AMD announces the first 7nm consumer graphics card, the Radeon VII
- Intel is showing off its new 3D stacking CPU design at CES
- AMD gave us a sneak peek at the next generation of Ryzen processors
- Whirlpool is working on a smart oven that uses an LCD screen and augmented reality
- If TCL has anything to do with it, your 2019 resolutions will be in 8K