Spider-Man 2 becomes fastest-selling PlayStation game ever
Yup, 24 hours. 2.5 million copies
Hold onto your controllers, folks, because Spider-Man is swinging into record books faster than you can say ‘web-slinger’!
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, the latest gaming sensation to hit the PlayStation universe, has sold over 2.5 million copies in its first 24 hours after release.
Yup, 24 hours. 2.5 million copies. Makes you wonder how many Spidey fans pulled an all-nighter, doesn’t it?
This feat has catapulted our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man to the top of the charts, making it the fastest-selling game ever released by PlayStation Studios.
Now, if you remember, God of War Ragnarok held the previous record with over 5.1 million copies flying off the shelves in its first week. But with Spidey’s current pace, Kratos might need to pass on his crown sooner than he thought.
Sure, selling a lot of copies is one thing, but how’s the actual game?
Well, Reddit gamers are going bonkers over it, saying it’s smoother than a freshly ironed Spidey suit. How smooth? Well, imagine your favorite action flick, but you’re the one doing the stunts – that’s how smooth it is.
They’re even suggesting we dust off the old Spider-Man Remastered just to see how far we’ve come.
Metacritic is also singing Spidey’s praises, saying the game has improved so much it’s like Peter Parker’s gone from high school nerd to full-blown Avenger.
The story? More exciting than a comic book. The action? More thrilling than a roller coaster ride.
But hold up, not everyone’s completely starry-eyed. Forbes hinted there might be a hiccup in our web-slinging paradise. They didn’t spill the beans on what it is, but hey, nobody’s perfect, right?
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 is a thrilling sequel that offers enhanced gameplay and a compelling narrative. Its technical advancements offer a smooth, immersive experience that pushes the boundaries of console gaming.
- The game's improved fluidity and responsiveness provide an unparalleled gaming experience.
- The compelling narrative and action scenes bring the iconic Spider-Man story to life in an exciting new way.
- Despite being widely acclaimed, it's important to consider potential undisclosed issues hinted at in some reviews.
- Given the record-breaking sales and positive reviews, this game is a must-have for any Spider-Man or gaming enthusiast.
- New leak reveals PlayStation 5 Slim launch date for the US
- Netflix expands game streaming beta to the United States
- Nvidia GeForce Now will cost more come November, but not in the US
- How to fix a PS4 controller that’s not working
Just a heads up, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the sale. It’s one of the ways we keep the lights on here. Click here for more.