Nintendo is releasing a new Dr. Mario game on mobile
I’d rather have Mario Kart Tour.
First, news that Mario Kart Tour had been pushed back to summer of this year hit, now, we’re getting wind that Nintendo is working on another mobile game for a summer 2019 release. This time, it’s a refresh on the classic puzzle game Dr. Mario.
Called Dr. Mario World, we literally know nothing about the actual gameplay. The press release doesn’t go into details about what the game would actually be about, but we do know that it will be free-to-play with in-app purchases. It will be available in 60+ countries, including Japan and the US.
For those not familiar, Dr. Mario is a Tetris-like puzzle game that has you destroying viruses with your elite doctor skills. As pills (and viruses) fall, your job is to match pill colors with viruses to destroy them and remove them from the playing field. That’s pretty much it.
It will be interesting to see how Nintendo plans on making the FTP with in-app purchase model work for this game. I’m assuming money will be used to get more lives and maybe chances if you fail a level, but we’ll have to wait for an official trailer before knowing for sure.
What do you think? Want to play this? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Insiders are saying that Sony is already working on PlayStation 5 games
- Sony releases an officially licensed Seagate 2TB hard drive
- GameStop stock drops 25% as the company stops looking for a buyer
- You can now use Bluetooth controllers with Fortnite on Android and iPhone
- Review: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes – a Suda51 joint