The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console of 2018
What will 2019 hold?
Maybe it was the social pressure to get a console that was slowing growing in popularity, maybe it was the release of some big games in 2018, or maybe Nintendo just did a better job at ad targeting. Whatever the case, the Nintendo Switch ended 2018 as the best selling console in the US.
More about the numbers
According to the market research company NPD, Sony’s PlayStation 4 held the top spot for most of the year, but Nintendo made a huge rally in November which led to the company eventually claiming the top spot.
Holiday hype obviously helped with this, but also big releases like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate helped drive players to the console.
What’s next for Nintendo?
2019 should prove to be an interesting year for Nintendo. There are some great titles that are slated to release during 2019, with Animal Crossing and Luigi’s Mansion 3 leading the way for me personally. Sadly, neither of these have a release date as of yet.
2019 could also see an update to the console itself, according to recent rumors.
- Everything we know about the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11
- Review Roundup: Resident Evil 2 – Does it live up to the original?
- The grand strategy title Stellaris is making its way to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Here are the best Android games of 2018, as voted for by Reddit
- A new Power Rangers fighting game is here to challenge Mortal Kombat 11 in April