Apparently, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is getting a VR mode
I mean… ok?
Nintendo has been pushing VR in some of its flagship titles like Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey and now a new leak, of sorts, points to a VR mode in the hit fighter, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
The VR mode will be supported by Nintendo’s VR efforts through its VR Labo Kit.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but in VR
Honestly, it sounds like a gimmick to me. A fighting game that isn’t built for VR sounds like a terrible time, but hopefully, I’ll be proven wrong.
- A Twitter bot that scrapes patch notes for the game tweeted the information
- It could be a part of SSBU’s 3.1.0 update that releases this week
- The text states “VR mode is now available! A whole new perspective on the Smash action awaits!”
In addition to a VR mode that will most likely be gimmicky and lame as all hell, the Twitter bot also reveals possible information regarding amiibo usage in SSBU. According to the data, you’ll be able to “send your amiibo off on journeys to train via the Games & More > amiibo menu” and spar with other FP (figure players).
We should know more for sure in the coming days, but honestly, it’s a tacked on VR mode for a fighting game, I wouldn’t get too excited.
- Xbox Game Pass and 100+ free games are coming to PC
- Here are your free PlayStation Plus games for June 2019
- Pokémon wants to watch you sleep with Pokémon Sleep
- Can Minecraft users on the Nintendo Switch play with PC users?