The OmniFob wants to remove all the smart home fobs from your pocket
A smart gadget for your smart home.
Since its inception, Keyport has been on a mission to slimline the contents of our pockets. They’re back again with OmniFob, a programmable fob that can control almost anything. It’s crowdfunding on Kickstarter right now, with early bird backers getting the OmniFob for hefty discounts off the eventual retail pricing.
Think of it as a shortcut key for your most accessed smart home app functions, like opening your garage door, turning on the lights or finding where your phone has wandered off to. It’s also a shortcut to having pocket space again, as you can replace multiple fobs with just the one.
OmniFob is the only fob you’ll ever need
With our ever-connected lives, our pockets are feeling the pain of carrying so many fobs. There are ones for your car’s remote ignition, ones for your garage door, even ones to find your keys if lost. OmniFob consolidates all of those into one slim fob, that’s also able to clip onto the Keyport everyday carry system to take the minimum amount of space up in your pocket.
More features of the OmbiFob:
- Control your smart home with Samsung SmartThings and Yonomi
- Use it with Nexx Garage or MoboKey, with more remote start systems in development
- Use it as a personal panic button, set to either SMS/call your pre-set contacts or even emergency services directly via a paid service
- Scene support so multiple functions can be chained together into one button press
- Bluetooth locator built-in powered by the free Chipolo service
- Compatible with Keyport’s modular everyday carry system
If that sounds good to you, head on over to the Kickstarter page to learn more. There are another 29 days left in the campaign, which has already gone past its funding goal.
Just remember, as with all crowdfunding campaigns you’re backing the efforts to bring a new device to the market – not necessarily buying the device like you would from a retail location. Just be aware that delays might happen, or in some extreme cases – not getting the product you backed.
- PSA: That face app everyone is using is sending all your photos to a company in Russia
- The insanely affordable Wyze Bulb is now available for only a pop
- President Trump says Google should be investigated because they’re a ‘treasonous company’
- Facebook and Google know exactly what porn you watch – even if you use incognito mode