Apple is set to announce the new iPhones, Apple Watch, and iPad
Get set for the big reveal on Sept 10.
Apple has started sending out media invites for its annual iPhone hardware reveal show, with the tagline “By innovation only.”
I’m not quite sure what is meant by this, unless that super-secret foldable iPhone is coming. I mean, the last time Apple innovated on the iPhone was the 3GS all those years ago. Anyway, Tuesday, September 10 at 10am PST is when we’ll find out what cryptic delights Tim Cook is going to show off.
Apple is gearing up for its annual iPhone reveal show
As with everything Apple does, we know most of it beforehand thanks to analysts, leakers and supply chain investigations.
Really the event is just to show off what we’ve already seen, with some added details like pricing. It’s also a great way to cue up the masses to start pestering their cell carriers for the latest models.
What to expect:
- iPhones: Yes, three of them. Just like last year. *Yawn* This year is different, honest, as the camera bump is more of an island with up to three sensors on it. Have fun putting that on the table without it wobbling.
- Apple Watch: We might see some updates to the existing range, in the form of ceramic and titanium casings.
- iPads: iPad Pro updates and a new 10.2 inch iPad are coming soon. Will we see these on September 10 or will Apple have a second event later this Fall?
- iOS: iOS version 13 will be shipping with all these new devices
- macOS: Catalina, the yearly update to the Mac operating system will be released, possibly before the event
- watchOS: Version 6 will also be coming, possibly before the event
- iPadOS: Expect the next version of this as well
- tvOS: Apple won’t forget about Apple TV this year, with an update before its subscription service, Apple TV+ arrives
- Apple Arcade: We know this is coming soon, will we hear more of the game selection at September’s event?
- Apple is finally letting independent businesses repair your iPhone
- Google says a bunch of malicious websites has been secretly hacking iPhones for years
- Nike’s new self-lacing shoes will let you ask Siri to unlace them
- Review: Philips Hue starter kit – Color your perceptions