Dragon Quest is getting its own Pokémon Go-style mobile game
Hopefully, we’ll see a US release.
Pokémon Go has gone through its share of ups and downs, but at the end of the day, it still has a solid player base and unique concept that keeps people coming back or checking it out.
Now, Square Enix is looking to capitalize on that success with its own GPS game based on the Dragon Quest series. Called Dragon Quest Walk, here’s what you need to know.
Here’s what we know about Dragon Quest Walk
News about the new title is slim, but here’s a quick breakdown:
- Closed beta starts on June 11
- Only confirmed for Japan so far
- Quests tied to GPS and real-world locations
- Will be available on Android and iOS
In addition to quests and monsters, you’ll also have an in-game room that you’re free to decorate with items you find and unlock while playing the game. The trailer looks interesting, but sadly, doesn’t really show much of what to actually expect from the title.
At this time, that’s about all that is known about the game. Localization is possible, as other Dragon Quest titles have obviously made it to the states, but the nature of this one might make it more difficult. With a June beta release, we’ll most likely find out more in the coming months.
- The Best Nintendo Switch cases money can buy right now, according to Amazon shoppers
- Review: VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action – a science fiction novel as an SNES game
- Apparently, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is getting a VR mode
- Xbox Game Pass and 100+ free games are coming to PC