Google has confirmed that the Pixel 4 will have touch-free gestures
(Don’t) Hold the Phone – that’s almost witty, Google.
That means that some of the sensors shown in the leaked screen protectors are powering the Project Soli close-range radar.
Google just decided to scoop itself again with some of the Pixel 4’s standout features
Ever wanted to be a Jedi? Of course you did. Now, you can control your phone with Jedi-like hand waving, at least if you buy a Google Pixel 4. Google showed off some snippets of the upcoming face unlock system as well, and it looks pretty darn seamless.
- Project Soli, the motion-sensing radar system that lets you control your phone by waving will be included in the Pixel 4
- Secure face unlock will be featuring on the Pixel, the first Android handset to have an answer for Apple’s Face ID
- The combination can also unlock your phone as soon as you pick it up, no matter which orientation the phone is in
Google’s move to leak its own products is certainly a more hands-on approach to the normally hush-hush, no-comment of the mobile manufacturers. We’ll have to see if it translates into sales figures when the handset finally goes on sale.
- T-Mobile and Sprint are finally cleared to merge by the Department of Justice
- Apple pays contractors to listen to your Siri recordings
- Amazon bribed police offers to advertise Ring home security products in exchange for free stuff
- Facebook Games, the thing you probably never used, is leaving Facebook Messenger