How to get Piranha Plant in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for free
Free is free.
With January coming to a close, your time is running out to get Nintendo’s first added character in the smash hit Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
How a potted plant is supposed to fight, I don’t know, but if you want to claim your character while it’s still free, you better go quickly.
How to get Piranha Plant in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Ok, first, you must own the game. But the good news is that it doesn’t matter if you buy it digitally, physically new, or physically used. Your Nintendo account simply has to register that the game is on your Nintendo account before the end of the month.
If you purchased the game digitally, follow these steps:
- Head to your email associated with your Nintendo account
- Look for a “Thanks for your purchase…” email from Nintendo
- Your Piranha Plant code will be in there.
If you purchased a physical copy of the game, follow these steps:
- Load up the Nintendo Switch with the Smash cartridge
- While on the main screen, press the “+” icon while on the game’s image
- From here, find “My Nintendo Rewards” and follow the prompts
- You’ll receive an email with the code
Redeeming your Piranha Plant code
So, you have your code. Now what? It’s easy as can be, simply power up your Nintendo Switch, head to the Nintendo eShop, and scroll through the options on the left side.
There you will find a place to “Redeem code.” Enter the code from your email and boom, you’re done. You will not see your new character in your game right away, Nintendo hasn’t released the character yet, stating that it is coming “in February.”
- Metro Exodus curves Steam and heads to the Epic Games Store
- 8BitDo brings some retro controller love to SEGA Genesis fans
- Stardew Valley on iOS may be the best way to enjoy the farming simulator
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a very dumb game
- According to a new report, Apple is working on its own game streaming service