More woes for Samsung as AT&T cancels all Galaxy Fold preorders
AT&T is giving all affected customers a $100 gift-card.
Does this mean the ill-fated Galaxy Fold won’t be making it to the market?
At this point is it fair to say that Samsung folded?
AT&T is probably canceling orders (see below for the email they’re sending out) under the same rules for distance selling that had Samsung cancel their own preorders last month. Best Buy joined the list of preorder cancellations around the same time.
Both AT&T and Best Buy are offering to keep customers who might still want a Galaxy Fold updated, but does anyone really want the foldable smartphone still?
- AT&T is giving customers a $100 gift card as a “sorry we dicked you around” present
- Samsung said back at the beginning of May that it would “release a release date really soon“
- It’s becoming more obvious that the issues that Samsung Fold reviewers experienced are more difficult to rectify than Samsung wants to admit
If you no longer want a Samsung Galaxy Fold, how about this new patent idea from Samsung for a rollable phone? Given the Galaxy Fold’s issues and the fact it reminds me of a Slap Wrap (which had their own issues), it’s a hard pass from me.
- Google just straight up lifted the veil on the new Pixel 4, giving the middle fingers to leakers
- Spanish soccer league app spied on users to hunt for game stream pirates
- Spotify is mixing podcasts and music together in a new playlist
- These force-feedback gloves are just what virtual and augmented reality needs