The Mortal Kombat 11 gameplay trailer is here and it’s bloody awesome
Bloody being the key word here.
NetherRealm Studios, the team behind the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11, held an event today (1/17) in Los Angeles to highlight the upcoming title.
The trailer not only highlights some staples like Raiden, Scorpion, and Sonya Blade (voiced by UFC-turned-WWE fighter Ronda Rousey no less), but also highlights at least one new character that will make his appearance in the bloodfest.
This character, called Geras, looks to be a brawler that also utilizes some interesting teleports and freeze time mechanics.
Check out the full gameplay trailer below
Oh, don’t forget that Mortal Kombat has a story
In addition to the gameplay trailer, the reveal event also hinted at some of the story elements coming to the new title. Honestly, I’m not even going to pretend to really understand what the heck is going on in the universe of Mortal Kombat, much less make guesses to the future of our characters, but you can watch the new trailer for that below.
I don’t really know what’s going on, but Raiden looks PISSED. He cut that man’s head off. Why you do that, Raiden?
Mortal Kombat 11 will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
- Why I’m still thinking about Red Dead Redemption 2
- Here’s why Stardew Valley is better than Harvest Moon
- Elder Scrolls Online is introducing dragons and changing how racial skills work
- Yet another Star Wars game falls by the wayside under EA’s direction
- Could there be an alternate timeline where Fallout 76 was good?