Nintendo: Make a Fire Emblem anime, you cowards
I double dare you to.
Mostly, it makes me want a Fire Emblem TV show.
If you haven’t seen the Fire Emblem trailer yet, check it out:
Let’s take a look at the anime checklist:
- Inexplicable transition between school/training together and fighting for the fate of the world
- Wild, over-the-top outfits, weapons, and armor
- Campy voice acting
- Intense colors and visual effects
- Soundtrack sounds extremely like Hiroyuki Sawano, of Attack on Titan, Aldnoah Zero, and Kill la Kill fame
- DRAGONS?! Of course dragons. Always dragons
What else do we need, honestly? It’s been 22 years since there was a Fire Emblem animation in North America. Everyone’s doing it now, right? Castlevania has a Netflix show. Showtime just ordered a Halo series. Henry Cavill is going to be the Witcher. Why not Fire Emblem?
- Marvel is coming in hot with new Avengers games and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
- Nintendo just announced plenty of titles available RIGHT NOW (or very soon)
- Opinion: The Hitman franchise is turning me into a sociopath
- Review: KIDS – the weirdest existential experience you’ll have this week