Nintendo: Make a Fire Emblem anime, you cowards
I double dare you to.
Nintendo just showed off the latest Fire Emblem: Three Houses cinematic trailer during E3 2019, and it’s great, but getting me excited about the game is just one of the things it does.
Mostly, it makes me want a Fire Emblem TV show.
If you haven’t seen the Fire Emblem trailer yet, check it out:
Let’s take a look at the anime checklist:
- Inexplicable transition between school/training together and fighting for the fate of the world
- Wild, over-the-top outfits, weapons, and armor
- Campy voice acting
- Intense colors and visual effects
- Soundtrack sounds extremely like Hiroyuki Sawano, of Attack on Titan, Aldnoah Zero, and Kill la Kill fame
- DRAGONS?! Of course dragons. Always dragons
What else do we need, honestly? It’s been 22 years since there was a Fire Emblem animation in North America. Everyone’s doing it now, right? Castlevania has a Netflix show. Showtime just ordered a Halo series. Henry Cavill is going to be the Witcher. Why not Fire Emblem?
Fire Emblem: Three Houses comes out July 26th and I love Fire Emblem games to death, but let it be known that this is one I would definitely watch, too. How about it, Nintendo?
What do you think? Excited for Three Houses? Would you want to see a new anime from the series? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Marvel is coming in hot with new Avengers games and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
- Nintendo just announced plenty of titles available RIGHT NOW (or very soon)
- Opinion: The Hitman franchise is turning me into a sociopath
- Review: KIDS – the weirdest existential experience you’ll have this week