Pablo Escobar’s brother just launched a $350 folding phone – yes, that Pablo Escobar
We continue to live in the strangest timeline.
Devices with foldable screens are all the rage right now, with a new challenger from a very unlikely source – Pablo Escobar’s brother.
Yes, that Escobar, has released a foldable phone running Android for a paltry $350. Wow. I mean, I might grab one just for the laughs.
You can get a folding phone for $350 if you buy it from Pablo Escobar’s brother
The made-for-TV (read: censored) advertisement for the Fold 1 is above, but if you’re feeling adventurous, there are some decidedly Not-Suitable-For-Work (read: lingerie models) videos showing the Fold 1 in more detail on the Escobar Inc official YouTube channel. Just… don’t say we didn’t warn you if whoever is watching over your shoulder gets an eyeful.
Speaking of eyefuls, the device is pretty good (on paper). It unfolds to a 7.8-inch OLED screen, has a Snapdragon 8150 chipset, 6GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage. That’s a hefty package. It’s also got all the sensors you’d expect from a modern smartphone, dual-sim, and a microSD card slot.
More about the Fold 1:
- The Escobar Fold 1 will cost $349
- Only 100,000 units
- The only other tech product they released was a flamethrower they accused Tesla of copying
Really, the only issue I see here is that it’s running Android 9, which means it won’t have some of the new features for foldable devices introduced in Android 10. Just… buy it on your credit card so you have purchase protection, k?
- These were the most downloaded iPhone games of 2019
- Motorola Razr flip phone returns as a full-screen folding phone and I kinda want it
- Turning off all of Google’s tracking services basically renders your Android useless
- Tech Hangover: RIP Black Friday and Cyber Monday