Sonos’ first portable speaker is here and it’s going to set you back $400
That’s a big ol’ smart speaker.
The real question on everyone’s lips – Why?
The Sonos Move is a $400 portable smart speaker because carrying your voice assistant in your pocket is too hard
I mean, part of the magic of Sonos is that its speakers are easy to place, setup, and forget. Now, that would make for a good portable speaker as well, but just look at how big it is. Do you really want to carry that around? It’s also $400, when the best speaker in that class, the UE Boom, is a third of the price. Is voice assistant functionality and the Sonos name worth that additional premium? Heck, it’s even more expensive than Sonos’ existing outdoor speakers.
Maybe it’ll be great and I’ll be retracting my snark but I don’t know, just seems like a premium price tag.
Here’s the rundown on the specs:
Build software without devs. Blazingly fast. Trusted by 100,000+ teams worldwide. It's so easy, anyone can use it. Start building now.
"Just Write Your Damn Book Already” is a printable guidebook that helps you turn ideas into manuscripts. It’s affordable and perfect for aspiring authors
- 10-hour battery life
- Connectivity includes WiFi and Bluetooth
- IP56 rating for some degree of outdoors-proofing
- Comes equipped with Trueplay, Sonos’ tech that tunes its sound signature according to its surroundings
- Alexa and Google Assistant support
Anyway, if you actually want one of the Sonos Move speakers, they’ll be $400 and Sonos is shipping for delivery before September 24.
- Oh no, Facebook’s official dating app is now live
- Nintendo is finally adding SNES games for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers – 20 of them, actually
- There’s been another Facebook data breach involving phone numbers – 419M+ users affected
- Google has started rolling out Android 10 to all users