A new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate glitch lets you spawn infinite assist characters
Don’t talk to me or my infinite number of Waluigis again.
While everyone is busy unlocking all of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, some gamers have found a crazy glitch that allows you to continuously summon assist characters (like Waluigi) during a match.
The key to this glitch is no other than the ultimate bringer of doom, Isabelle. No longer must we protect the Animal Crossing star, but instead, run in terror as Waluigi after Waluigi joins the fight, hellbent on destroying everything in its collective path.
Check it out
How does it work?
Ok, so to actually make this work, it requires two Isabelles and a particular set of actions, so the chances of this happening in a random match are pretty slim, but if you want to replicate the glitch, read on.
To get the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate glitch to work, you have to have two Isabelles both using their fishing pole ability to grab an assist trophy at the same time. The game will give one person the trophy, and then the madness starts.
Some characters just create infinite copies of themselves, but then there are others that trigger events on summoning, which can make everything absolutely ridiculous. Check out the video above to see just how crazy it can get.
This will surely be patched at some point, so if you want to try it out for yourself, grab a friend and give Waluigi the screen time he deserves.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now available for the Nintendo Switch.
- Violent video games could play a factor in desensitization
- The guy behind Stardew Valley is putting other projects on hold to focus on Stardew Valley
- After this holiday season, Nintendo will no longer make the NES and SNES Classic consoles
- Epic Games decides to immediately vault Infinity Blade in Fortnite citing balance issues
- Discord’s game store will offer better revenue models than Steam or Epic