This hybrid smartwatch from Sequent gets its power from your movements
Oh, and you can earn cryptocurrency by moving…
One of the most useful tools in tracking your health is a smartwatch. They track your movements, give you recommendations in their apps, and generally motivate you to better yourself. Most of them have one real shortcoming, however – the battery.
Not so with the SuperCharger² from Sequent, which has an automatic self-charging battery system so you’ll run out of juice way before your watch does.
This nifty hybrid smartwatch recharges itself from your movements
Okay, so the battery recharging from your movements is cool, but that’s not all you get for being active. You can earn Sequent’s cryptocurrency, SQ Coins, which you can then use to buy health and eco-friendly products and services from Sequent’s affiliate network. Nifty.
The watch also won a coveted Red Dot Design Award this year, with the jury panel saying, “a smartwatch equipped with a hybrid charging system is an exciting, innovative idea whose sustainability is convincing.”
Here are the rest of the specs:
- Automatic self-charging battery system
- Analog, real-time activity goal tracker on the face of the watch
- Individualized training programs, calorie burn estimates, step counting and more from the companion app for iOS and Android
- Waterproof up to 50 m
- Swiss design
- Eco-friendly watch bands made from reclaimed ocean materials
If the thought of a hybrid smartwatch that never runs out of battery sounds good to you, head on over to the Kickstarter where you can grab one for the equivalent of $192 USD.
What do you think? Interested in this smartwatch from Sequent? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Samsung’s AirDresser is a closet that cleans and straightens your clothes and I need it
- Doom Bone Vodka will get you demon drunk on your way to hell