The awesomely affordable Wyze Cam V2 & Pan Cam now work with Alexa
These cameras offer 1080p livestreaming, free cloud storage, and now, Alexa functionality.
Maybe you’re familiar with Wyze Cams, maybe you’re not. For a quick refresher, Wyze has managed to make awesome cameras for home and security use ridiculously cheap, while still offering 1080p live streaming, push alerts, and two-way audio. That’s the V2 version, there is also a version, the Wyze Cam Pan which offers those same features, but adds additional functionality in the form of full 360° motion that can be controlled via the Wyze app.
Announced this week, with the functionality being available today, users will simply need to update the firmware on their V2s and Pan Cams to start benefitting. From there, you’ll hop over to your Alexa app or the website and enable the new Wyze skill. You’ll then need to find and add your device, and you’re all set.
Once the linkage is complete, you can simply ask Alexa one of the following phrases to view your Wyze camera livestream footage:
- “Alexa, show me [camera name]”
- “Alexa, show my [camera name]”
- “Alexa, show the [camera name]”
- “Alexa, show [camera name]”
To stop, simply say, “Alexa, stop” or “Alexa, go home.”
It’s not the biggest update, sure, but when we’re talking about a $30 security camera that offers the features Wyze does (did we mention free cloud storage?), it is worth talking about. It should be noted that Alexa will not work with the original Wyze camera.
Do you use a Wyze camera? What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments.
For more tech and gadget news, see:
- Soon, all you’ll need to get into an MLB game is your face
- Google’s Larry Page is backing the new BlackFly personal flying machine and it looks unreal
- The new MacBook Pro keyboard might not be fixed, but that will not stop people from buying it