You’ll be able to bundle Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for the low-low
Seriously, this is a triple-threat.
Okay, we’ve known that Disney has been gearing up to make a splash in the streaming market for some time.
The company has also been hinting at some mega bundles, and now we know one of them. Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ will be bundled together for $12.99 per month. The pricing was confirmed during the company’s investor call yesterday.
That’s all the Disney classics, all the Marvel Cinematic Universe, everything on Hulu (including ads), and all the sporting content you could want for less money than the rival streaming services.
Disney will offer a bundle of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99 per month
Let’s put that price into perspective. Hulu with ads is $5.99 a month, ESPN+ is $4.99 a month, so that makes Disney+ an extra two bucks? That’s a no-brainer, especially when HBO Max is rumored to be $16 a month, and Netflix keeps increasing pricing. The only comparable price-wise is Amazon Prime Video, but you don’t get anywhere near as much content.
- This bundle wouldn’t have been possible without Disney assuming full control of Hulu earlier this year
- It’ll be USA-only for a while at least, mainly due to regional issues with content
- Disney CEO Bob Iger confirmed that deals are in the works for “Amazon, Apple, and other distributors” to offer Disney’s streaming services
I’ll be signing up at these prices, and I bet millions of others will as well. Bundling Hulu in makes it easier for existing Hulu subscribers to pick Disney+ up, without Disney affecting its revenue.
What do you think? Is this a must-buy for you? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Apple is bringing Touch ID back to the 2021 iPhone range
- Google is going green with its ‘Made by Google’ devices
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 brings back the bezel control, with a twist
- Cloudflare is no longer sheltering 8chan behind its firewalls