Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode is getting a free trial this week
It’s a fun mode and worth the look.
Interested in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, but not ready to pull the trigger on a purchase? Maybe the only portion you’re interested in is its battle royale, Blackout, but you’re having a hard time justifying purchasing a game for one mode that you’re not even positive you’ll like.
Bring your friends — the Blackout Free Trial is coming.
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) January 15, 2019
As for specific hours and such, that hasn’t been announced, but we’ll update this section when it is (presumably today, as it starts tomorrow).
More about Blackout mode on Black Ops 4
In the Blackout portion of the game, players can either dive in alone, in pairs, or in squads of four to scavenge, kill, and survive until there is no one left standing out of the approximately 100 players per match. Like many battle royale games currently on the market, players must find weapons, ammo, and armor as the playable area continues shrinking, pushing players closer together.
Unlike Fortnite, there is no building in Blackout, but there are various vehicles at your disposal to get you around the map quicker. Just make sure you don’t get sniped out of that precious helicopter.
To add to the challenge, Blackout will also feature randomly spawning zombies that you can either ignore or fight for the chance at some solid loot. Beware though, your gunshots might draw opposing players to you.
- South Park is not suing Activision over Call of Duty’s Blackout mode, but they totally should
- Here’s how to watch the new Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 battle royale trailer
- Red Dead Online adds a new gun-focused battle royale mode
- Red Dead Online features shootouts, co-op missions, and of course, battle royale
- The battle royale mode in Black Ops 4 will feature 80 players (in beta) and zombies