Fortnite is now available on iPhone and iPad thanks to Microsoft
Fortnite returns to iPhone thanks to Xbox Cloud Gaming.
Xbox dropped a YouTube video (found below) earlier today that announced the news. Fortnite on iOS comes courtesy of Cloud Gaming, formerly called xCloud, and it really couldn’t be simpler to drop in and start enjoying a building-free Fortnite experience.
To start playing Fortnite on iPhone and iPad, simply go to xbox.com/play, log into your Microsoft account, and start streaming Fortnite. No downloads required.
You can play either with touch controls or with a connected controller and it doesn’t require any type of membership to play. It is literally the definition of free-to-play.
Additionally, if you prefer to game on your PC, Steam Deck, or Android, you can also go to the same website, sign in, and start playing as well.
Microsoft notes that this is just the beginning. It plans to add more free-to-play games in the future and hopefully, it will continue to be free and not require any type of membership.
- Here are your free Xbox Games with Gold for May 2022
- New PlayStation Plus: Pricing, features, release date, and more
- The future of Xbox gaming might be filled with ads, but it’s not all bad
- Valve tripled the number of verified Steam Deck games since launch
- EA is working on a new free-to-play Lord of the Rings game