Google is finally unveiling its gaming project next month at the Game Developers Conference
Is this the rumored Project Yeti?
We’ve been hearing rumors about a Google gaming project for over a year now and it seems we’ll finally learn more about Google’s plans at the Game Developers Conference next month.
At this point, the only thing we know is that Google will hold a keynote presentation at the event on March 19, at 10am PT. The only other prompt is that it tells us to “gather round.”
More about the rumored project
While little is known about what Google could be working on, it will most likely be game streaming service of some sort. Google has been testing game streaming in browsers with Project Stream and even looked into buying Twitch before Amazon finalized a deal in 2014.
The rumored project, Yeti, is still very much an unknown thing, but with Google looking to have a physical presence in more homes with Chromecasts and smart speakers, it’s quite possible the company will be looking to announce a physical device that finds a place in your TV cabinet and not just within your computer.
We’ll update this story if more information is made available.
- 16,000 cheaters have been banned from Apex Legends
- Review: BlazBlue Central Fiction – Nintendo Switch edition
- An extremely rare copy of Super Mario Bros. just sold for over $100k
- Review: Jump Force (Xbox One) – a power level NOT over 9000
- Some of the most exciting news to come out from Nintendo Direct