Google is testing its own Play Pass subscription service for gaming
Apple Arcade who?
It’s testing now with a small group of users, who pay $4.99 per month to play from a selection of hundreds of premium apps and games.
Google is testing out an Android gaming subscription
Google is readying its own Android app subscription to go head-to-head with Apple Arcade. The Play Pass comes with a huge list of premium apps and games, like Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Hatoful Boyfriend, Knights of the Old Republic, Monument Valley and more.
Our mini-boss, Josiah Motley, is probably going to be all over this because I spotted Stardew Valley in the screenshots and he does love him some hoeing.
- The $4.99 monthly fee gives you access to a curated list of premium apps and games
- All ads are removed and all in-app purchases are unlocked
- There’s also a Family plan option, although we don’t know the pricing on that yet
Bear in mind, this is still in the testing phases so it’s anyone’s guess as to when it’ll go public. The price is probably also not final, but if it stays at the current pricing it’ll be a virtual steal with all those in-app purchases unlocked.
- Asus had to apologize for selling too many ROG Phone 2s
- Fortnite Season X is here and everything old (might) be new again
- DOOM is now on all your favorite consoles, for some reason
- Red alert, you can now pre-order the Nintendo Switch Lite