How much does a Netflix subscription cost?
It’s definitely not as cheap as it used to be.
Quick Answer: Netflix provides three tiers of subscription: a $6.99/month Standard with ads plan, a $15.49/month ad-free Standard plan, and a $22.99/month Premium plan
How much does a Netflix subscription cost? In most cases, this is an easy answer. But when it comes to streaming apps, prices are constantly changing, especially in this case.
Of course, Netflix is still relatively cheap when compared with traditional cable television packages. And there are a few different Netflix plans that are designed to fit your needs.
Depending on which Netflix package, the monthly subscription cost varies. So, how much is a Netflix subscription, and what are the differences between the different tiers available?
How much does Netflix cost?
Short answer: Netflix offers three subscription plans: the Standard with ads plan at $6.99/month, the Standard plan at $15.49/month, and the Premium plan at $22.99/month
Netflix’s monthly cost starts at $15.49 for the Standard package, and the price goes up from there.
How much is Netflix?
The company has adjusted its pricing structure as of 2023, offering various plans to cater to different user preferences. Here’s a breakdown of Netflix’s monthly cost:
- Standard with ads: This plan costs $6.99 per month. It includes ad-supported access to most movies and TV shows, unlimited mobile games, and allows for streaming on two supported devices at a time in Full HD.
- Standard: This plan is priced at $15.49 per month. It offers unlimited ad-free movies, TV shows, and mobile games. You can watch on two supported devices at a time in Full HD and download content on two supported devices at a time. There’s also an option to add one extra member who doesn’t live with you.
- Premium: The Premium plan costs $22.99 per month. It includes unlimited ad-free movies, TV shows, and mobile games. You can watch on four supported devices at a time in Ultra HD and download content on six supported devices at a time. You can add up to two extra members who don’t live with you. This plan also includes spatial audio.
Netflix subscription price – all the extras you should know
You can add extra member slots for a cool $7.99 each per month. Because, you know, why not make your friends and family pay for their own account when you can foot the bill?
But hold your horses! There’s a little asterisk attached to this offer. That Standard with ads plan might not be available through all third-party billing partners and packages.
So, you’ll have to do some legwork and check with your provider to confirm availability. Because who doesn’t love a good wild goose chase?
READ MORE: How much is Apple Music?
And about those extra members, they get their own account and password. But don’t worry; you’re still the one picking up the tab.
The number of extra member slots you can add? Well, that depends on your plan. Because, of course, it does.
The Basic package gets you unlimited access to TV shows and movies on one device as well as downloads on one phone or tablet.
The ad-supported tier will have the same features as the Standard package, except there will be a few minutes of ads every hour.
READ MORE: How to cancel your Netflix subscription
Upgrading to the Standard package doubles the number of devices that you can stream on at the same time. You can also download content on two different devices with the Standard package.
Lastly, the Standard Netflix subscription unlocks HD content, which lets you stream Netflix TV shows and movies at 1080p.
And finally, the Premium package allows for streaming and downloads on up to four devices at the same time.
The platform’s most expensive subscription also grants you Ultra HD capabilities, so you can stream Netflix content in crispy 4K resolution.
Netflix gives you a few different subscription options
|Plan||Price (per month)||Features|
|Standard with ads||$6.99||Ad-supported content, unlimited mobile games, watch on two devices at a time, Full HD|
|Standard||$15.49||Ad-free content, unlimited mobile games, watch on two devices at a time, Full HD, download on two devices, option to add one extra member|
|Premium||$22.99||Ad-free content, unlimited mobile games, watch on four devices at a time, Ultra HD, download on six devices, option to add two extra members, Netflix spatial audio|
All of these prices are based on the United States version of Netflix.
READ MORE: Can you still use a VPN with Netflix?
Netflix subscription costs never stay the same
As always, these prices are subject to change, and they will likely go up again at some point. We’ll keep this article updated when Netflix increases its prices again.
- What’s the best desktop browser for Netflix?
- The best streaming services
- The best places to watch free movies online
- Netflix now lets you remove unwanted shows and movies from your ‘Continue Watching’ feed