PowerA’s new Xbox controllers go pastel for the summer
Sorry, they still use micro-USB.
PowerA’s latest wired controller range for Xbox comes dripping with summer vibes. The company’s $37.99 Pastels collection comes in pastel fades, camo, and single colors with a big marshmallow influence.
The front faces are all smooth satin, lightly textured backs for grip, and glossy accents on the shoulders and bumpers. Here are all the new colorway options:
- Lavender Swirl: Dark and light lavender, swirled
- Cotton Candy Blue: It’s not as bright as cotton candy usually is, but just as sweet
- Pastel Dream: A pastel fade from lavender to aqua, with off-white marshmallow in the middle
- Pink Lemonade: Pink fades to yellow
- Purple Camo: Pleasing pastel purples in a soft camo pattern
You also get all PowerA’s additions to its officially licensed Xbox controllers. Those features include two remappable rear advanced gaming buttons, a volume dial with one-tap mute, and a two-year limited warranty.
The detachable cable is 10ft long, but it’s still using micro-USB. Having to deal with a micro-USB cable is a small annoyance for the affordable $37.99 price tag. PowerA has once again nailed the balance of features and price.
These are just the latest in a recent line of releases of pastel-hued controllers. Microsoft’s official controllers gained pastels through the Xbox Design Lab, OtterBox has a pastel lilac controller shell, 8BitDo has a new pastel pink wired controller, and SCUF has six new pastel colorways for both its Xbox and PS5 controllers.
- Microsoft just released a new translucent Xbox controller for its 20th birthday
- Is it better to use a PlayStation or Xbox controller with your PC?
- How to connect PS4 or Xbox controllers to the iPhone
- The Xbox app will now tell you if your PC can run a game
Just a heads up, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the sale. It’s one of the ways we keep the lights on here. Click here for more.