Riot Games and Tencent are making a mobile League of Legends game
Will it be able to capture the magic of the main game?
Mobile gaming is hot right now, with everything from Fortnite to PUBG available on phones and tablets. Heck, even Call of Duty is getting in on the mobile game craze. Now, a new report from Reuters states that Riot Games is working on a mobile League of Legends game.
The game is being made in conjunction with Tencent, which actually bought Riot Games back in 2015.
What you need to know about mobile League of Legends
Apparently, talks first began on a mobile offering shortly after Tencent bought Riot Games but was shelved shortly after.
- Sources tell Reuters the game has been in the works for more than a year, but will not be released in 2019.
- It will not be a direct port and is being made for mobile.
- League of Legends is Riot’s only game, but it’s a big one, earning $1.4 billion in 2018.
- While the game will almost certainly be global, Asia will most likely adopt it in the biggest numbers.
Personally, I’ve never been a huge fan of MOBA games like League or mobile games past Pokémon Go, but this is pretty big. Mobile gaming continues to rise and a mobile League of Legends will almost certainly do well in markets around the world.
What do you think about the news? Do you play LoL? Would you like to see the game come to Android and iOS? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- PlayStation Productions is working on a Twisted Metal TV series
- Mario Kart Tour closed beta kicks off and of course, people are already uploading footage
- There’s now a Steam Chat app for the twelve of you that talk through Steam
- Oculus has started shipping both the Quest and Rift S VR headsets