Supreme now sells burner phones for some reason
They’re the ultimate embodiment of the hypebeast: short-lived, expensive and limited in quantity…
Supreme has a pretty good racket going, with weekly drops of branded gear that sells out in seconds without fail. This week, Supreme released the “Supreme Blu Burner Phone,” a barely-functional phone that’s totally aimed at hypebeasts and resellers and no one else.
You can now get burner phones from Supreme
The candy bar design harks back to when the iPhone was still just a twinkle in Steve Jobs’ eye. It makes calls, sends SMS, and has a shitty camera for taking pics you wouldn’t accept from any phone nowadays. None of that matters though, as it has the Supreme logo on it. This is the brand that sells chopsticks or a literal brick, and the fans and resellers lap it up.
Made by Blu, exclusively for Supreme, the handset would probably be $20 if it wasn’t for the logo:
- 3G connectivity
- 2.4-inch screen
- VGA rear camera
- Up to 32GB of storage via microSD card (with a 16GB microSD included)
- Some games like a Candy Crush clone, FM radio, audio player and Bluetooth round up the mix
- Oh, and dual-sim slots in case you want to keep your hypebeast number separate from your main one
At this point, Supreme could take a dookie in a red bag with Supreme on it and charge $50, and it’d still sell out in seconds. I guess they really do have the Supreme moneymaker…
- KnowTechie Roundtable: What YouTube channels do you pledge your allegiance to?
- A new report says Apple is launching its new AirPods Pro by late October
- Honor unveils new headphones, a fitness band, and a snazzy new mid-range phone
- Tech Hangover: Zuckerberg and Musk are wild, and not in a good way