Which Xbox Series X|S games have Dolby Atmos support?
How many games actually take advantage of Dolby Atmos on Xbox?
Dolby Atmos is the last word in home theater performance, and it’s now on consoles thanks to Xbox. It brings a more immersive sound to your gaming sessions, so you feel like you’re part of the action.
Think being able to pick out where someone is shooting you from, or which side of your car the other racers are trying to pass from. It’s a long way from the early positional audio systems that PC games used to use and literally surround you in sound. It’s almost a cheat code, as Dolby tested Atmos vs stereo sound for gamers and found a 102ms reaction speed boost for those using Atmos. Whew.
READ MORE: Can the Xbox Series X lay on its side?
With all of that promise, you might want to know exactly which games support the new surround sound codec. Read on, and we’ll give you the full list.
So, which Xbox Series X games have Dolby Atmos?
Short answer: A whole bunch
Dolby Atmos support has been around since the prior console, the Xbox One. It’s also available on the Xbox Series X|S, so you can play Blu-rays and also games in glorious surround sound. You’ll need a compatible soundbar or A/V receiver to use it with speakers, or you can buy the Dolby Access app on your Xbox and use it over headphones.
Currently, Dolby Atmos compatible games include:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (including Warzone)
- Call of Duty: Cold War
- Borderlands 3
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition
- Battlefield 1 (PC)
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Gears of War 4 (Xbox One X)
- Gears 5
- Crackdown 3 (Xbox One/Xbox One X)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Assassin’s Creed Origins (Xbox One X)
- Assasin’s Creed Valhalla
- Final Fantasy XV (Xbox One X)
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider (Xbox One X)
- Super Lucky’s Tale (Xbox One X)
- Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC)
- For Honor
- DIRT 5
- RiMS Racing
- F1 2021
- Forza Horizon 4
- Metro Exodus
- Resident Evil 2
- Psychonauts 2
- Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
- Immortals Fenyx Rising
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Resident Evil 2
- Need for Speed Heat
- Halo Infinite
That’s not a huge list so far, but it is being steadily added to as more games include Dolby Atmos support. It’s worth checking out any of these games on the list, even if it’s just for the immersive sound.
Have any thoughts on this? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Which Xbox Series X|S games support Dolby Vision?
- The best Xbox controllers
- Can you gameshare on PlayStation 5?
- It’s still going to suck trying to get an Xbox Series X or PS5 in 2022