Alexa will now pay for your gas at over 11,000 ExxonMobil stations
Well, this is one way to fight card skimmers.
Picture this; you’re on the road and suddenly realize you’re in need of gas. So, you pull into a gas station that is PACKED, thus making just paying for gas a whole other chore. Luckily, this new Alexa-enabled feature is an easier solution to paying for gas.
If you own any Alexa-enabled devices, you know how easy it is to complete simple tasks like knowing what the weather is like or ordering a pizza across the street. Now, you can add paying for gas to that list of actions.
The new feature is compatible with Echo Auto, the Alexa-enabled device exclusively for cars, have an Alexa-enabled assistant in the car, or on your phone. With this new feature, you’ll just have to say, “Alexa, pay for gas” and just be on your way. Amazon announced this new feature at this year’s CES and said it will work with 11,500 ExxonMobil stations across the country.
You’ll be able to use Alexa to pay for your gas – Here’s how it works
It’s fairly easy to go about this task, and it would be even easier if there was an Alexa option to pump your gas.
Hypothetical future plans aside, here’s how you would go about paying for gas in the present:
- Pull up to the ExxonMobil station and choose your pump
- Say “Alexa, pay for gas” and mention what number the pump is
- There, Amazon will activate the pump and feel free to start filling your tank
The action is directly linked to Amazon Pay, and the gas will be charged to whatever card is on file. For those who may be skeptical, fear not. Amazon has joined up with payments technology company Finserv to make sure that the payments are secure.
There were other Amazon-and-car-related announcements at CES. Now, long car rides can no longer be boring, as Tom’s Guide reports that Fire TV is now available for in-car entertainment centers.
- Samsung’s new Chromebook is super light and has a 4K AMOLED screen
- JBL is showing off its $100 AirPods competitor at CES 2020
- CES 2020 brings with it a toothbrush that can clean your teeth in under 10 seconds
- Mophie now has a device that will charge your phone and jumpstart your car
Just a heads up, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the sale. Click here for more.