Apple reveals the App Store’s best apps of the year
Social breakout BeReal takes the top spot on iPhone.
Every year, Apple spotlights the biggest games and apps across all of its devices for the year. The company includes all kinds of apps, from social or fitness to games and more, on its 2022 App Awards list.
Kicking things off with the top spot on iPhone is the BeReal app. BeReal is a breakout social platform that lets users share a more authentic look at their life.
MacFamiliyTree 10 was this year’s winner for Mac apps. The app lets you explore your genealogy and build a family tree with your loved ones.
ViX took home the award for best
The annual App Store awards also highlight the best games on Apple’s App Store throughout the year.
Here are this year’s winners:
- iPhone Game of the Year: Apex Legends Mobile
- iPad Game of the Year: Moncage
- Mac Game of the Year: Inscryption
- Apple TV Game of the Year: El Hijo
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: Wylde Flowers
- China Game of the Year: League of Legends Esports Manager
Apple isn’t necessarily synonymous with gaming. But the company is still a major player in today’s gaming industry across all its platforms, especially mobile.
Finally, Apple highlights five ‘Cultural Impact Winners’ from 2022. These are apps that make a lasting impact on users’ lives.
That does it for Apple’s App Store Awards for 2022. If you’re looking for some new apps to try out on your Apple devices, check out these that the company has highlighted.
- Apple VR headset: Release date, features, and price
- Apple Music is finally coming to Teslas
- Donald Trump’s Truth Social is now available on Google Play
- Get ready for more ads in the Apple App Store