Twitter Spaces has now expanded to desktop
The feature should now be available to everybody that uses Twitter on desktop.
Twitter Spaces is the company’s answer to Clubhouse, the audio-only chatroom app that was met with huge buzz earlier this year. At first, it was only available on Android but recently has opened up to more people, including those on iOS.
Now, Twitter has announced that people that want to listen to Spaces can now do that. In addition, people will be able to test out the transcription feature, and set reminders to join scheduled Spaces.
Sadly, at this time, you still can’t host a room from desktop, but it has to be assumed that the feature will open up eventually.
READ MORE: How to disable Twitter Spaces notifications
It will be interesting to see if interest in this feature continues. Clubhouse recently released on Android, but downloads of the app are already starting to decline across the board.
- After almost four years, Twitter will soon open up verification applications again
- Twitter will abandon its racially bias image cropping software
- Facebook is still tracking your iPhone – here’s how to stop it
- Instagram may soon allow users to make posts from web browsers
- Twitter will finally let hosts record Spaces on Android and iOS