Are Apple AirPods compatible with Samsung devices?
Will AirPods work with a competitor’s device?
Apple’s AirPods have been subjected to a lot of debate since its initial launch but now they have established themselves in the market. We all know how Apple products work great with each other but the question is does Apple’s greatest competitor back their play and support its AirPods in their devices?
Do Samsung devices support AirPods?
- Short answer: Yes, but you’ll miss out on some features.
You can connect your AirPods with any Samsung device that supports Bluetooth. Now, this also means you can use it on all of your Android devices, not just Samsung.
How to connect AirPods to a Samsung phone or tablet using Bluetooth
AirPods pair to a Samsung phone or tablet like any other normal Bluetooth device. Here are the steps:
- Open the AirPods case.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth settings on your Samsung device.
- Hold the pairing button On the AirPods case (located at the back).
- Find your AirPods in the list of Bluetooth devices in range and then press the “Pair” button.
Once you tap the “Pair” button, the AirPods should successfully connect to your Samsung phone or tablet.
The features you’ll miss out
- Siri – This one is obvious, Siri is exclusive to Apple devices so you won’t be able to use it for changing songs, adjusting volumes or whatever you want it to do.
- iCloud Device Switching – AirPods are linked to an iCloud which allows them to easily switch between Apple devices like an iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, and Mac.
- Checking Battery Percentage – Siri allows you to easily check the battery percentage of your AirPods. There is a workaround for this though using AirBattery app or any other third party services for Android.
- Automatic ear detection and Single AirPod Listening – On Apple devices, there is a functionality that pauses audio playback when AirPods are removed, using ear detection. Singe Airpod Listening is also limited to iOS devices.
So the takeaway is that Samsung devices most definitely support AirPods, however, lacks some additional features that come solely with iOS and Apple devices.
- Can you overcharge Apple AirPods?
- Do the AirPods come in black?
- Can Apple AirPods connect to the Apple Watch?
- Can AirPods give you cancer?