How to watch today’s Samsung Galaxy Note 9 event
Update: The event has come to a close, and boy, what an event. We have a lot of news to report on and we’ll be updating this post with links to all the stuff the company revealed earlier today. Circle back here or check out the homepage to see everything Samsung announced today. Until then, feel free to watch the whole event in the video above.
Here are some of the things Samsung announced today:
- The Fortnite beta for Android launches today, but Samsung users are still getting it first
- The Samsung Note 9 has finally been unveiled, here are the details
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch is here with two sizes and multiple colors
- Samsung teases the new Galaxy Home speaker with Bixby voice assistant
- Don’t worry Android users, Samsung’s Fortnite exclusive is expiring really soon
- A new partnership will put Spotify directly on your Samsung devices
Later this morning, Samsung is set to announce the all-new Galaxy Note 9. Although official details will be revealed today, leaks have been spilling left and right, so we have a pretty decent idea of what to expect. What we know so far is that it’s going to look a lot like the Note 8. It will include a headphone jack. Like the 2018 Galaxy S9, the Note 9 could also feature a fingerprint sensor underneath the camera. Inside, the handset is likely to include the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 that runs most of the flagship devices from 2018.
The only thing we don’t know at this point is how much it’s going to cost. Rumors have been swirling around that it’s going to cost somewhere in the ballpark of $1,000, but again, we’ll get more concrete pricing later today. What we do know for sure is that the Galaxy Note 9 is already available to preorder.
Another thing Samsung might be announcing today is its new Galaxy Watch as well as a smart speaker powered by Bixby. There’s no concrete evidence to support this, but our best guess is we’ll get some better ideas. If not today, then at least at IFA in Berlin later this month.
Where to watch Samsung’s Unpacked event
The event starts at 11:00 AM ET. Additional timezones include San Francisco: 8AM / London: 4PM / Berlin: 5PM / Moscow: 6PM / New Delhi: 8:30PM / Beijing: 11PM / Tokyo: 12AM (August 10th) / Sydney: 1AM (August 10th).
Samsung will be livestreaming the event on its website as well as its mobile browser. Additionally, live streams will be pushed to its YouTube channel and Twitter. We’ll also be embedding the livestream on this page as well, so if you don’t want to fumble around looking for a stream, stay on this page, we got you.
Excited for the Note 9 reveal? Let us know below.
For more Galaxy Note 9 news, check out:
- Change of plans, looks like Fortnite on Android will not be exclusive to the Note 9
- Samsung literally can’t stop leaking information about the Note 9
- Various Galaxy Note 9 leaks show more colors, a bigger battery, and Bixby 2.0